Rule 1: Choosing the right image.
• Keep it simple. The image should be easy to comprehend. Avoid busy images that lack focus.
• Make it Interesting. The image should be attractive and command attention.
• Trigger Emotion. The most memorable images demand an emotional response.
Rule 2: Creating a good composition.
• Make it balanced. Create imaginary lines that help lead the eyes towards your main design elements.
• Maintain Proportions. Create harmony by paying attention to the size, and scale of design elements in your composition.
• Have an emphasis. Focus the viewer’s attention on the main element of your design or the element that binds the design together.
Rule 3: Choosing the right fonts.
• Keep it clear. Choose fonts that can be easily read. Fonts found within the serif and sans-serif typeface family are usually a safe bet.
• Keep it simple. Don’t use more than three different fonts within your design. Make sure that fonts complement each other and remember that less is more.
Rule 4: Choosing the right colors
• Blue. Patience, trust, and wisdom.
• Green. Calm, soothing, and refreshing.
• Red. Power, strength, and passion.
• Yellow. Warmth, happiness, and optimism.
• Orange. Confidence, creativity, and cheerfulness.
• Black & White. Elegant, sophisticated, and classic.