One of the most commonly misunderstood printing process issues is the concept of turnaround time. Not knowing the turnaround time on your project can cause needless hassles and wasted time for both you and your customers.
Here are a few pointers that can help prevent you from falling into the common trap of miscalculating the turnaround time for your project:
• Know when the turnaround period begins. The turnaround period does not begin when you first upload your files. The turnaround time officially starts when all of the following have occurred:
o Full payment has been received.
o Your print-ready files have been uploaded.
o You have approved your proofs.
• Get the proof in on time. U-Printing must receive final approval of your proof by 9:00am Pacific Standard Time (12:00pm EST), in order for production to begin on that same day. If the approval is received after the 9:00am PST cut off, the turnaround time begins on the next business day.
• Don’t forget weekends and holidays. U-Printing is not open on weekends or holidays, so these days are not included in any turnaround time calculation and any orders or approvals received on a weekend or holiday will be processed on the next business day.
• Don’t wait until the last minute. Though U-Printing will always strive to meet the estimated turnaround times, be sure to give yourself a little leeway as to the date the items are needed, just in case of any unforeseen problems.
• Leave time for shipping and mailing. Customers should also be aware that shipping and/or mailing time is not included in the turnaround time and should plan accordingly. In other words, turnaround time is measured as the time between the final approval of the proof until the completed order is sent out for shipping or dropped off at USPS for mailing.
With solid planning before your order and awareness of the U-Printing turnaround guidelines, you can avoid delays caused by miscalculated turnaround times.